- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced ( Savage River Farm, Hi-Ja Farm, Goodness Grows, Walnut Ridge, Backbone)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced( Savage River Farms, Backbone Food Farm)
- 1 small knob ginger, peeled and minced (Savage River Farm)
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and cubed (about 3 cups) (Goodness Grows, Walnut Ridge)
- 1 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 pound potatoes, scrubbed and cubed (Savage River Farms, Walnut Ridge)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 4 large tomatoes, cored and roughly chopped (Rices Orchard, Savage River, Goodness Grows Walnut Ridge)
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- rice to serve (optional)
- cilantro for garnish (Savage River, Goodness Grows)
- Using a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Saute the onion and cook for 3 minutes, until softened. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
- Stir in the butternut squash, broth, potatoes, curry and spices and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add in the tomatoes and chickpeas and cook for 5 minutes more, covered, until the tomatoes are softened.
- Remove from heat. Serve over rice if desired and garnish with cilantro.
Recipe sourced from farmfreshtoyou.com