Makes 48 cookies
Serving size 1 cookie
I cup carrots washed, peeled and grated (Backbone Food Farm, Savage River Farm $3 dollars a bunch)
½ cup Honey (Goodness Grows $10 dollars)
¼ cup vegetable oil
¼ cup applesauce (Saucing apples Rice’s Orchard, Walnut Ridge Farm)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs (Walnut Ridge Farm, Savage River Farms, $4 a dozen)
1 cup oats
1 cup flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup raisins
½ cup nuts, chopped
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, or cinnamon
Cooking oil spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray baking sheets with cooking oil spray.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together honey, oil, applesauce, vanilla, and eggs.
- IN a medium bowl, mix the oats, flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, or cinnamon, and salt.
- Add the dry oat mixture to the egg mixture and stir to combine.
- All the carrots, nuts, and raisins, and stir to combine.
- Drop one tablespoon of batter for each cookie onto baking pan.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until golden brown.
Carrot and Oatmeal cookies, are a delicious taste of fall. Join us at the market this week to try this fall cookie. Sherry Guinn will be at Frostburg Farmers Market Friday at City Place. Market to Mealtime is part of the Food Supplement Nutrient Education. At the Allegany Farmers we accept SNAP. Unlike at the grocery store, our farmers and vendors will match $5 dollars spent on farm fresh produce.