- 1 medium-size head of cauliflower, chopped and steamed until tender
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/2 bunch (about 4) of green onions, chopped
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 6-8 oz (s) Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- a few turns of ground pepper
1. Take your steamed cauliflower and use either a pastry blender or a chef knife to chop the cauliflower into more uniform pieces. You don’t want big chunks or the patties will fall apart. Pre-heat the oven to 375°F.
2. Use a food processor to pulse the almonds until you have a somewhat coarse meal. I like the texture of the almonds in the patties, you may prefer the tenderness of traditional
breadcrumbs. If the latter is the case, you’ll want to pulse the almonds carefully until they are finely ground, BUT be careful not to go too far or you’ll make almond butter.
3. Throw everything into a bowl and mix thoroughly. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray or line it with parchment paper. Now use your CLEAN hands to shape the mix into
small patties. Don’t worry they aren’t going to spread like cookies, they can sit pretty close to each other on the baking sheet. Just leave enough room to turn them with a spatula.
4. Bake at 375°F for 12 – 15 minutes, turn and bake for an additional 10 – 12 minutes depending on how browned you prefer your cheese.